Environment:The Science behind the Stories
Environment: The Science behind the Stories is an introductory textbook that uses case studies and real data to engage students and show them the role of science in solving pressing environmental problems. The book integrates case studies into the body of the text to capture students' attention and provide them with a contextual framework for the science they are learning. With only 20 chapters, Environment: The Science behind the Stories avoids the encyclopedic approach of other textbooks on the market.
1. An Introduction to Environmental Science.
2. Environmental Ethics and Economics: Values and Choices.
3. Environmental Policy: Decision-Making and Problem-Solving.
4. From Chemistry and Energy to Life.
5. Ecology and Evolution: Populations, Communities, and Biodiversity.
6. Environmental Systems: Connections, Cycles, and Feedback Loops.
7. Human Population Growth.
8. Agriculture and Soil Formation, Degradation, and Conservation.
9. Agricultural systems, Biotechnology, and the Future of Food.
10. Toxicology and Environmental Health.
11. Atmospheric Science and Air Pollution.
12. Atmospheric Function and Human Impacts on the Climate System.
13. The Oceans: Natural Systems, Human Use, and Marine Conservation.
14. Freshwater Resources.
15. Biodiversity and Conservation Biology.
16. Land Use, Forest Management, and Creating Livable Cities.
17. Nonrenewable Energy Sources and Their Environmental Impacts.
18. Renewable Energy Sources.
19. Waste Management.
20. Sustainable Solutions.
查看Environment:The Science behind the Stories的用户还对以下书籍感兴趣